• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 brown onion, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 1/2 cups basmati rice, rinsed
• 2 1/2 cups salt-reduced vegetable stock
• 1 carrot, peeled, diced
• 125g green beans, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
• 1 cup fresh or frozen peas (see Notes)
• 2 tomatoes, chopped
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
1. Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring, or until soft.
2. Add rice. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until rice is coated in oil and onion mixture.
3. Add stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Cook for 8 minutes.
4. Place carrot, beans and peas on top of rice (do not stir). Cover. Cook a further 8 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat. Set aside, covered, for 5 minutes, to allow rice to absorb remaining liquid.
5. Add tomatoes and dill to rice mixture. Season with pepper. Using a fork, gently stir to combine. Spoon into bowls and serve.